• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Aaron Pauling (feeders)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't seen a review on www.aaronpauling.com yet so here goes :)

I just ordered 200 lateralis roaches (various sizes) to get my colony going again, My son fed off the last adult male on Wednesday, (i forgot to tell him to save the adults) and the cleaning crew beetle larvae i got seems to have eaten all the egg casings.

In the order I forgot to add the heat pack for the winter shipping and emailed him. He responded within the hour.

I was reading on his website about his packaging roaches and not sure I agree with roaches loose in a box. Maybe that's for different species than feeders? Good variety and selection though.

I'll update as the transaction progresses but so far i'm impressed.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No follow up or shipping email from this order. Roaches arrived in small USPS boxes packaged inside a larger foam lined box with a heat pack. Roaches were all healthy, but they were loose in the USPS boxes. At least they weren't lose in the big box ;)

Shipping notice email would have been nice so you'd know when to expect them. Not bad service, I'd order from them again.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Since this post I've made a few more orders with Aaron with great service.

Until now. I recently depleted my colony of lateralis and ordered 1000 mixed to start it again. The order arrived while I'm away on business, so my son picked it up from my office today.

When he opened the shipping box all of the 1000+ roaches were loose inside, and he had numerous escapes before he could get the box closed and contained.

I've never received a shipment of feeders like this, so not impressed. But it's 1 out of 4 or 5 so maybe it was a fluke. Haven't heard back on the email I sent yet, not that they can do much about it.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Since this post I've made a few more orders with Aaron with great service.

Until now. I recently depleted my colony of lateralis and ordered 1000 mixed to start it again. The order arrived while I'm away on business, so my son picked it up from my office today.

When he opened the shipping box all of the 1000+ roaches were loose inside, and he had numerous escapes before he could get the box closed and contained.

I've never received a shipment of feeders like this, so not impressed. But it's 1 out of 4 or 5 so maybe it was a fluke. Haven't heard back on the email I sent yet, not that they can do much about it.
dont want those loose in the house. They could infest. When i had them as feeders I got with my orginal T order from net-bug.net they came in a Secured cup. But also wasnt as many as you ordered. I use dubias now and am more at ease with the sincde if any escape they will end up dead due to the weather here. But when I ordered from dubideli they came in a fromed box with heat pack inside egg crete that was in a stappled burlap sack. Dubias were loose in bag, but zero in box.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I have received several orders from Aaron Pauling with my last order of 1,000 red runners arriving yesterday. Excellent service and excellent pricing, you will not beat his prices anywhere. 1,000 red runners for $39 shipped, you cannot get that deal anywhere on the web.

As far as the roaches being free inside the box, no issues. If he can save money on shipping supplies and pass that savings on to me who am I to argue with him. All I do is open the box inside a container and you have no worries.

However, I wouldn't recommend Aaron Pauling to anyone as this leaves more stock for me to order more. :D:p

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I agree there’s no better deal online. I ordered 1000 Lats a month or two ago. I got a shipping notification and they arrived just fine. I didn’t think anything of them being loose in the box because that’s hows the bulk crickets I’ve bought online have always been. If I manage to deplete my new colony I’d certainly buy from him again!

pnwarachnids

How Aaron Paulings ships bulk insects is typical in the industry. If you were to order 1000 crickets from any breeder/farm, they would come loose in the box. This is the safest way to ship them. I have been buying roaches, crickets, etc for a couple decades, and i am always impressed with the quality and pricing from Aaron Paulings.

Latest posts