• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. versicolor sling enclosure

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
I'm putting together this little DIY enclosure for my A. versicolor sling, thanks to @Martin Oosthuysen's ideas! I used a standard clear plastic solo cup + the bubble lid, super-glued some thin flexible plastic to plug the hole in the lid, then glued the plastic to a cardboard base for stability. It really stays in place pretty well, I tried knocking it back and forth a couple times and it didn't fall over :)

I put a circle of holes in the top, another circle of holes right above where the substrate will come up to, and the asterisk pattern of holes on each quarter of the cup's middle section. I'll fill the lid with substrate and put some leaves and twigs in the top. I'm waiting to put him in there until the end of the week, as he just molted a few nights ago and I want to wait until he's nice and hardened up. I'll post more pics when it's done!

I know it's not that nice to look at, but I'd say it isn't too bad for a broke college student that has to improvise occasionally ;) I've got a really cool enclosure I'm making when he gets bigger!

Attachments

• IMG_2778.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 87

Latest posts