• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. chalcodes

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
Just arrived. This is after he crawled out of the container he shipped in.

Attachments

• 20160223_155046.jpg
    20160223_155046.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Could you believe that I've waited for years before finally finding a chalcodes? They are so rare (= so desired!) around here in Switzerland... And I wanted one so bad...!

Congrats on your new acquisition, enjoy their beauty and calmness (though there are exceptions).

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
Mines an exception lol. Though it depends were it is in its enclosure. It defends its hide and water dish viscously while if in other places its quite docile. It's a fun species to have and quite the pig. Took down 2 crickets in a day. Had a small abdomen so I decided to feed it more.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats! on my wishlist. and good call on the feedings. i feel better when mine r nice and plump too! :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You got the 3" from Ken? Mine is the same way. Very protective of things in the enclosure, but if your not near her plant, hide, or dish, she doesn't care. Very good eater too, except for worms, she used to eat those but has now grown to ignore them. And if i believed in coincidence it happened right after we fed her her first lateralis roaches ;)

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
20160226_110708.jpg 20160218_003912.jpg A better photo of her. Waiting on a friend to bring his awesome camera to take awesome close ups of her. And our Other T after it molts. Sling is our b smithi of premolt edition lol. That photo is a week old. Abdomen is pretty much black now. The flash exagerates its color.

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
1457294611336.jpg
Interesting experience. My normally reclusive a chalcodes is just out an about today. I decided to handle it took off sprinting once it had crawled completely into my hand. had to do the typical bring your had around but in fast motion. It is warm today maybe since it had been very cold recently the warm weather triggered it to come out. So any other theories on this new behavior.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
just used to it environment. or getting older. when they get older they come out more sometimes...i mean all of mine did.

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
Could you believe that I've waited for years before finally finding a chalcodes? They are so rare (= so desired!) around here in Switzerland... And I wanted one so bad...!

Congrats on your new acquisition, enjoy their beauty and calmness (though there are exceptions).
Do you own one then? You should take a vacation to sw USA. Its crawling with chalcodes. All you have to do is smuggle them back to switzerland lol

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

I know how you feel. I would be content if I could have just one more spider in my collection: The P arano pollito. I have to torture myself watching videos of people in other countries raising them..I search all the time but I don't think they're in the US yet.

Latest posts