• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.Avicularia molt!!

kaz

3 Year Member
sooo pretty!!....

WP_20151209_011.jpg

WP_20151209_012.jpg

WP_20151209_029.jpg

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
out of curiosity how big are versicolor's when they start losing the blue color? is it a gradual thing where there are minor changes each molt or do they pretty much switch to adult colors over a couple molts? and do A. metallica's start to get their adult colors at the same size?

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
out of curiosity how big are versicolor's when they start losing the blue color? is it a gradual thing where there are minor changes each molt or do they pretty much switch to adult colors over a couple molts?
If I remember correctly, between one inch and two, they start to gradually change, like one or two molts, the adult colors will be visible but not brilliant. Then you'll get a molt where they have full bright adult colors, only they're still 2 or 2 1/2 inches, juvies. I think that's about right, its been awhile..

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
yeah? its that cool huh? its actually my daughters xmas present and she likes the adult colors more so I am sure she will be happy to know it wont be long lol...

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Better looking, but A avics are much bolder in my experience:p
I haven't got an A. Avic to compare but my Versi obviously hasn't read that memo, lol. She's always sitting right on her front door and only slowly and casually moves into her web when I open the tank. She's so greedy, too, I think she would bite me "no questions asked" if I put my hands near her lol.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't got an A. Avic to compare but my Versi obviously hasn't read that memo, lol. She's always sitting right on her front door and only slowly and casually moves into her web when I open the tank. She's so greedy, too, I think she would bite me "no questions asked" if I put my hands near her lol.
Yeah, both of my versis get squirrelly when I tong feed. They're the ones that like to climb the tongs. They never try to bite though, if they end up on my hand they just stand there and look rather indecisive :)