• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

4 slings from Arachnoclown

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ordered what I thought was only going to be one or two slings of B sabulosum but he sent me 4 of them in straws!!

Everything you would need to unpack them was also included. I only substituted completely clear deli cups for the other kind.

Here's pics. They sorta look like B vagens when they mature. Hopefully at least one will be a female.

B sabulosum sling 3.jpg
B sabulosum sling 4.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They definitely moved around the prekilled roaches from where I put them. Two slings were visible and looked to be in good shape. I'm assuming the others are also ok but hidden.

What I need to do is to number the enclosures to keep track of them. I have no idea about names since I need to see if they all make it and how they behave. So far so good. Not one has tried escaping or hanging from the lid etc.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looking good!
It would be a good idea to number the enclosures and make each slightly different so that looking back over photos you can tell who is who by the arrangement of the decor. That's the only way I can tell which tarantula is which in photos when I have 200 pics to sort through.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They definitely moved around the prekilled roaches from where I put them. Two slings were visible and looked to be in good shape. I'm assuming the others are also ok but hidden.

What I need to do is to number the enclosures to keep track of them. I have no idea about names since I need to see if they all make it and how they behave. So far so good. Not one has tried escaping or hanging from the lid etc.
Want to see something cool? Cut a superworm in pieces and watch a sling sit on it for two days. You can almost see their butt swelling. I always found that to be the easiest feeding method if you have a bunch of babies, and it looks cool. Like little lion cubs feeding on mommas kill..

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Want to see something cool? Cut a superworm in pieces and watch a sling sit on it for two days. You can almost see their butt swelling. I always found that to be the easiest feeding method if you have a bunch of babies, and it looks cool. Like little lion cubs feeding on mommas kill..

Thats what I do. Works great. I love when every once in a while a sling will attack it as soon as I drop it in like it was trying to take down live prey. Definitely cool to watch.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got the lats in from Jamie's. I'll use those because they're live. Having a stainless steel sink helps. They are invasive. It'll be interesting to see if I can do a feeding video off of any of them.

I also have flour beetles if they can't handle the lats.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Update:

2 of the slings have flat out disappeared. Maybe they are molting.

2 other slings molted successfully. One attacked the pinhead lat. The other ran away and I removed the feeder.

That's weird.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Update:

3 out of 4 slings were visible. I guess they don't always use burrows that you put there for them, preferring to make their own.

Those are super tiny. The one that I didn't see was one of the two that I fed previously. All have now molted successfully. The size increase is noticable but not much.

The three that ate all killed the pinheads successfully but I had to gently nudge the feeder around. They only seem to attack from an angle almost directly in front which is unlike my others. The feeder can actually walk on them but won't get nailed until it virtually is between the palps. Then it's quick.

For such small critters, they are all extremely calm. It's nice to know that they can move quickly to catch live prey!!

Spraying the green moss lightly to mist it seems to be working well. There is always some condensation on the sides so I know that they stay hydrated.

Now to remember where those burrows are located....

Latest posts