• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2" G. pulchra - thinking male

GreenKnight

20210509_141252.jpg
20210509_140906.jpg

Thoughts? The molt is in bad shape and my first attempt. Just dont see a pronounced spermotheca type 'pocket'.

Thanks in advance

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
moult is a bit too wet.
Best to let it air out a bit once you stretch it before you start looking for the lady bits as the water makes them stick instead of poping out.
I had few moults lately that at first thought male bit then 30 min later the spermathecae was visible.
Regards Konstantin

GreenKnight

Hi
moult is a bit too wet.
Best to let it air out a bit once you stretch it before you start looking for the lady bits as the water makes them stick instead of poping out.
I had few moults lately that at first thought male bit then 30 min later the spermathecae was visible.
Regards Konstantin
Ok. Ill leave it alone for a bit. Would makes have any slight opening in that section or just pure abdominal wall?

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
If you have the flap and you are able to move it like on your video its 100%female.The antennas will form later as it gains some size.
Congratulations on your girl!!!
Regards Konstantin