• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st molt!

Asuzvan515

3 Year Member
Hey y'all. I am new to the biz. I've had my rose hair for about a year and I absolutely love her to pieces. She is so beautiful and amazing and has such a personality.

Anyways I've been expecting her to molt since I got her. She's never eaten and has the quirkiest of behaviors. So many days and months have gone by where I look in her cage praying to find her on her back, especially when she webs a lot with no luck.

But alas! I looked at her several hours ago and...the day I've been waiting for for so long!
HER FIRST MOLT! WAHOOO! I was so excited I did a happy dance of my own. I feel like a proud parent watching her child grow up :,)

She's now all done, stretching out in her new body. And I got to see the whole thing! So awesome! Sooo exciting ahhh!

Looking forward to seeing many more hopefully.

That is all. Yay! :)

Asuzvan515

3 Year Member
I want to take pictures but I don't want to disturb her. I would have to take her cage down from the shelf and I don't wanna move her around or take too many pictures with the flash on. I'm afraid it might startle her. I did manage to snap one picture though it's not too exciting.

Attachments

• DSCF1779.JPG
    DSCF1779.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

Katus

3 Year Member
Will flash photography bother a T? Mine don't seem to react much to light, though my wife and tend to keep our room a bit on the dark side and I don't have any lights that directly shine into the enclosures other then some red LED rope lights on the shelving.

Asuzvan515

3 Year Member
I'm actually not certain. I figured I might as well play it safe and not bother her. I also should add that she was kind of up on a shelf in a darkish corner, so I didn't wanna have to take the cage down and whatnot to see her.

Latest posts