• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zilla microhabitat

arachbiodude

Ha, they have a Brachypelma and a GBB in the habitat. Isn't it a little small. I bought it for a OBT juvenile.

Attachments

• zilla.jpg
    zilla.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 12

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had that enclosure and thought it was pretty good. The one thing that I had mixed feelings about is that the top is hinged and you have to hold it up to keep it open, tying up one of your hands. The opening at the hinge made me nervous as the t could climb through it or could get caught while trying to close it. But in general I liked it.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had that enclosure and thought it was pretty good. The one thing that I had mixed feelings about is that the top is hinged and you have to hold it up to keep it open, tying up one of your hands. The opening at the hinge made me nervous as the t could climb through it or could get caught while trying to close it. But in general I liked it.
I just thought of this. I guess you can let the lid extend all the way back as the weight of the substrate in the enclosure would prevent the enclosure from lifting up. It has been awhile, but I just remember thing that a simply enclosure worked better for me.

Silver.macaroons

I got the large terrestrial a few months ago and kept my dairy cow isopods in it but now the cows got moved to make space for a Aphonopelma chalcodes I'm getting soon. I like how perfectly it fits on my shelf but it's a lot of money for something that's kinda flimsy and I'm worried how it will hold up long term.

TheInv4sion

I got some used when I bought Ts off craigslist and my only real complaint is opening the door terrifies my spiders. Otherwise it works fairly well for me, but the ones I have are larger like 14” or something if I had to guess

Latest posts