• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wet Enclosure

Hi,

For general rule of thumb, how wet can your enclosure be ? The issues I am facing is, my enclosue always wet as the tarantula web or the coco peat always touch the water that been supplied to the enclosure. Appreciate friends advice to it and how can I always enclosure dry enclosure most of the time.

Regards,

Sholihin

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
I guess it depends on the species. Rule of thumb, keep a water dish/bowl filled and either over flow it once a week or so, or just wet down one corner of the enclousure at same frequency. Even if you don't overflow the bowl or wet a corner every once in a while, it is a good idea to at leats keep a water bowl filled in the enclosure. Depending on the size of your T and the enclsure, you can youse a small water bottle cap to a larger Gatorade type cap for a bowl. Hope this helps! (also, if your T is a more moisture-dependant one, spagna moss helps retain moisture)

I guess it depends on the species. Rule of thumb, keep a water dish/bowl filled and either over flow it once a week or so, or just wet down one corner of the enclousure at same frequency. Even if you don't overflow the bowl or wet a corner every once in a while, it is a good idea to at leats keep a water bowl filled in the enclosure. Depending on the size of your T and the enclsure, you can youse a small water bottle cap to a larger Gatorade type cap for a bowl. Hope this helps! (also, if your T is a more moisture-dependant one, spagna moss helps retain moisture)
Hi, thank you so much on the tips and advices. Its really helpful and really appreciate it.