• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ventral Sexing.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I doubt if these pictures are good enough but i would appreciate anyones opinions.
The first is b smithi the second is g pulchripes I think the pulchripes is male desperately hoping the first is female.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2013-04-30 17.34.36.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This picture is probably not clear enough unfortunately it is clear to me and is not what I was hoping for. On the bright side I have at least one gf for him when the time is right but :(

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
*hugs* He is happy with you and you have given him a great life so far. It's nature. We aren't meant to understand her seemingly unfair designs.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeh, I still have a few years with him. I've always said he's got this x factor thing. He is twice the size of the other 3 I have from the same egg as him. Just hope he fathers loads of mini Hercs when the time is right. Still feel gutted but its an excuse to spoil him more.....

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And an excuse to buy some more. I doubt if I will find one like him again tho. Manic depression setting in.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometimes it just totally sucks. Just typical one of the sweetest, loveliest spiders i've ever met.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometimes it just totally sucks. Just typical one of the sweetest, loveliest spiders i've ever met.
I bet he'll make super awesome babies with a lucky female! Maybe he'll pass on some of his personality for you :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Bast, I can't even explain what I love about him so much. He is like my first red knee who was cool as penguin pee. I can imagine Herc wearing shades and cruising about on a motor bike. He would help old ladies cross the road but be miles too lazy to get a job. Just hope he is not too lazy to make some babies eventually.