• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ts and thunderstorms?

#Angela#

3 Year Member
Hi, Everyone!
Last night there was a big thunderstorm over my house. Perhaps it was a coincidence, but my Ts seemed especially active! Have you noticed any correlation between weather and T activity?

Angela

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are more active when it is rainy out. The same goes for tarantulas in the wild. Its a good opportunity to get a drink. The same goes for many other small animals and invertebrates, thus making food more plentiful for the spiders.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I kind of love it (kind of, because this Scottish summer has not been the best) when there is a lot of rain, because as Chubbs wrote, the Ts (mainly the terrestrials) are very active, especially my Rosea, who usually hates water.
On a related note, I sprayed my T. Giga's tub wall last night and it came shooting out of its hide with fangs bared, mouth wide open, front legs in the air, lol. I'm gutted I didn't have my camera handy.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I kind of love it (kind of, because this Scottish summer has not been the best) when there is a lot of rain, because as Chubbs wrote, the Ts (mainly the terrestrials) are very active, especially my Rosea, who usually hates water.
On a related note, I sprayed my T. Giga's tub wall last night and it came shooting out of its hide with fangs bared, mouth wide open, front legs in the air, lol. I'm gutted I didn't have my camera handy.
Gigas are the most defensive of the genus.
uploadfromtaptalk1437156033129.jpg

#Angela#

3 Year Member
Chubbs,

I love how they even flare out their tarsal claws in their display! Great picture!

Angela

Latest posts