• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This is how to start a bio active terrarium

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So at what age/life stage can you start a tarantula in a bio active system? And I am assuming some species such as those needing higher humidity, are better for such a system than others. What about more arid species?

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So at what age/life stage can you start a tarantula in a bio active system? And I am assuming some species such as those needing higher humidity, are better for such a system than others. What about more arid species?
I start to rehouse mine when they are about 3 inches including the legs. Never had any issues. For spiders that need it dry I am using plants that grow in dry climates and only water them one time a week.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A picture from today. Not that much different I guess. :)
1628351959273.jpeg

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
…but the Tradescantia with no roots did not make it. I did not water it enough.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I start to rehouse mine when they are about 3 inches including the legs. Never had any issues. For spiders that need it dry I am using plants that grow in dry climates and only water them one time a week.
So what plants do you use for arid/dry enclosures? Succulents seem popular and I think there are some cacti that don't have needles.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So what plants do you use for arid/dry enclosures? Succulents seem popular and I think there are some cacti that don't have needles.
Succulents work, as well as tradescantia and pothos. Chilobrachys and Brachypelma doing great in those conditions. Many others as well. :)

Latest posts