• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

They're finally here.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
After only 2 hours sleep last night the courier finally arrived right in the middle of Sunday dinner just after 7pm.

Avicularia sp. peru purple L2-3, Chimu
DSCF8200.JPG

Ornithoctonus aureotibialis - Pagan
DSCF8204.JPG

Pterinopelma sazimai L1 - Pytau
DSCF8205.JPG

Then there are 4 female Phlogeillus sp Khao soc from Jakub's private collection.

Hying
DSCF8209.JPG

Hwan
DSCF8210.JPG

Ta nak
DSCF8211.JPG

Paed
DSCF8212.JPG

My son's Christmas present that he's thrilled with but hasn't yet named
DSCF8198.JPG

Finally the one I'm so thrilled to get, I really never thought I'd find one. The mystery T.
Sahydroaraneus raja, Kerala. It's just so tiny.
DSCF8207.JPG

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Huge huge congrats Hun, got some really great Ts there. I bet you are thrilled. So so pleased for you. Worth the wait ☺
Now how do I get one.....lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very nice Ennie!! I'm gonna have to copy and paste the name of the mystery T so I can see what adults look like, congrats :)

Here you go http://tarantulacanada.ca/pic.php?active=info&p=S-raja-copyright

Thats a pretty cool looking mystery spider! Enjoy!

Those things are tiny.

Thanks. that S.raja is scarily tiny, I hope it grows quickly :)

Enn- worth it all! Congrats. Big fun ahead for you and your son!

Thanks. I'm sure we'll enjoy them all. I've already had fun with one of the Phlogeillus that made a bid for freedom during rehousing. My son fell in love as soon as he saw the Beardie.

Congrats !:):T::T::T::T::T::T::T:

Thank you.

Casperroux

3 Year Member
After only 2 hours sleep last night the courier finally arrived right in the middle of Sunday dinner just after 7pm.

View attachment 21069

View attachment 21070

View attachment 21071

Then there are 4 female Phlogeillus sp Khao soc from Jakub's private collection.

Hying
View attachment 21072
Hwan
View attachment 21073

Ta nak
View attachment 21074
Paed
View attachment 21075
View attachment 21076
Finally the one I'm so thrilled to get, I really never thought I'd find one. The mystery T.
View attachment 21077

Just looked this T up and u want one they are amazing

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

View attachment 21069

View attachment 21070

View attachment 21071

Hying
View attachment 21072
Hwan
View attachment 21073

Ta nak
View attachment 21074
Paed
View attachment 21075
View attachment 21076
View attachment 21077
Those raja are super fast, lol!!! Better watch them if it ever gets out....Lightning gone, lol! I've had a few. I've never seen an aureotibilialis sling, though. They do show a hint of color. Pretty little critters you have. The sazamai are almost always showing the blue color as slings. :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Those raja are super fast, lol!!! Better watch them if it ever gets out....Lightning gone, lol! I've had a few. I've never seen an aureotibilialis sling, though. They do show a hint of color. Pretty little critters you have. The sazamai are almost always showing the blue color as slings. :)

Thanks for the warning about the raja. I've not seen it since it arrived but subterranean tunnels are beginning to appear. The sazamai has moulted since it came and is definitely blue now at 2nd instar.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for the warning about the raja. I've not seen it since it arrived but subterranean tunnels are beginning to appear. The sazamai has moulted since it came and is definitely blue now at 2nd instar.
Very nice! i'm hoping my P. sazimai will come out of it's burrow so i can see if it's showing blue since it molted. It was the zombie flesh sling color at 1/4" dls when i got it :)

And you got my favorite avic, i'm jealous.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very nice! i'm hoping my P. sazimai will come out of it's burrow so i can see if it's showing blue since it molted. It was the zombie flesh sling color at 1/4" dls when i got it :)

And you got my favorite avic, i'm jealous.

The sazimai just after moulting
DSCF8429 (3).JPG

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
that's how mine looked after his molt, but is that the blue coloring they get or the opaque look of a fresh molt? i don't want to dig mine out to see if he's still got that blue tint like yours lol They look to be about the same size though, so here's to hoping, and where yours is in a more visible burrow we'll see in a few days ;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
that's how mine looked after his molt, but is that the blue coloring they get or the opaque look of a fresh molt? i don't want to dig mine out to see if he's still got that blue tint like yours lol They look to be about the same size though, so here's to hoping, and where yours is in a more visible burrow we'll see in a few days ;)

I've just managed to get a new picture 5 days after moulting
DSCF8516 (2).JPG

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah that's how mine looked last i saw him. typical sling coloring with a darker butt patch. I was guessing these would grow into their colors like the Brachy's, around an inch or so dls. curious to see if that's right :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
yeah that's how mine looked last i saw him. typical sling coloring with a darker butt patch. I was guessing these would grow into their colors like the Brachy's, around an inch or so dls. curious to see if that's right :)

The butt patch is definitely blueish though