• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The threat to the First Amendment.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
20190526_232240.jpg
20190526_232212.jpg

Tnoob

I suppose it depends on their thought process. :D If they understand the meaning, one would assume thats why they get upset. If they don't understand its meaning, I don't see why they'd be offended.

Hehehehe :D
I think someone's been watching to much terrance popp.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I have mixed feelings about this. As stated before, I am pro-freedom and I don't want the government telling me or anyone what to do outside of crime that has a clear victim like rape, assault, theft and murder, for example. I don't want big giant social media companies censoring a viewpoint I agree with, BUT, if they are a privately owned and funded company, I think they should be allowed to censor whoever and whatever they want. I think a black man (or a white man) should be able to open a privately owned restaurant and say "no white people". I think a Christian baker should be able to say "no I won't bake a cake for a gay wedding". Along those lines, I think privately owned social media giants should be able to ban whatever speech they want from their sites, and I think competitive sites should be allowed to form and ban whatever speech they don't like too.

The problem is that these giant social media companies are all owned by leftists, and they are effectively silencing their political opponents because there is no competitive alternate social media platform. This I am not in favor of. They control they entire market (monopoly), so there isn't a way for opposing views to be equally shared, or shared at all. This is a very complex problem and a potential very slippery slope. I don't want my views silenced, but that also means I can't be trying to silence their views on a site that I own, and I'd really rather not have anti-American anti-freedom views shared, explained, or spread on a platform that I started, so I kind of get where these people are coming from.

We are at war. Currently, its a war of words. The goal is to control the narrative and turn the court of public opinion in your side's favor to garner votes and support. The enemies of freedom have wisely used our own system of free speech and the free market against us. They have, over time, bought up all the news outlets, or created new ones, and they now control the news media world wide, and so we are all constantly bombarded by their leftist views from the time we are born and most people don't even realize it. They've infiltrated all levels of government and now have control of the public education system over here so they can teach their version of revisionist history and corrupt the minds of our youth at an early age. Their plan is working and I don't know how to stop it. They aren't fooling every one, but they are certainly fooling a very large percentage of us. And for those who haven't yet realized it, the Republicans are also part of this plan. The whole Republican Vs. Democrat thing is a sham. Both parties are the enemy of the American people and both parties seek to gain more power and control over the people who are supposed to be in charge of our government. Us. Both parties have been slowly and methodically working to erode the freedoms that made us the greatest, most free nation that has ever existed on this planet.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
What is you opinion on the Mexican 15 year old who was shot across the border? The Supreme Court is taking up the case on whether the family has the right to sue for violating the teenagers Fourth Ammendment rights under the Constitution.

Should people who are not citizens or are here illegally have Constitutional rights? Should citizens of another country be granted Constitutional rights under U.S. law even though they are not physically in the U.S.?

Your opinion.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What is you opinion on the Mexican 15 year old who was shot across the border? The Supreme Court is taking up the case on whether the family has the right to sue for violating the teenagers Fourth Ammendment rights under the Constitution.

Should people who are not citizens or are here illegally have Constitutional rights? Should citizens of another country be granted Constitutional rights under U.S. law even though they are not physically in the U.S.?

Your opinion.

No no no! Hell no! They're born with OR earn those rights. Either you're born here (and I dont mean by illegal parents- they better have their damn papers!) or you do what every other foreigner has to do when wanting to become a US citizen the LEGAL way. Everyone has to abide by the laws. Not everyone does....but the law should apply the same for everyone and no, illegal immigrants shouldn't have constitutional rights until they do the RIGHT thing and BECOME US citizens the LEGAL way. That **** pisses me off, too. I feel bad for them and I dont mind being a stand up American citizen and we open our doors to those who want to better themselves and have a chance at a good life....and to be productive here in the US....but do it the right way.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have mixed feelings about this. As stated before, I am pro-freedom and I don't want the government telling me or anyone what to do outside of crime that has a clear victim like rape, assault, theft and murder, for example. I don't want big giant social media companies censoring a viewpoint I agree with, BUT, if they are a privately owned and funded company, I think they should be allowed to censor whoever and whatever they want. I think a black man (or a white man) should be able to open a privately owned restaurant and say "no white people". I think a Christian baker should be able to say "no I won't bake a cake for a gay wedding". Along those lines, I think privately owned social media giants should be able to ban whatever speech they want from their sites, and I think competitive sites should be allowed to form and ban whatever speech they don't like too.

The problem is that these giant social media companies are all owned by leftists, and they are effectively silencing their political opponents because there is no competitive alternate social media platform. This I am not in favor of. They control they entire market (monopoly), so there isn't a way for opposing views to be equally shared, or shared at all. This is a very complex problem and a potential very slippery slope. I don't want my views silenced, but that also means I can't be trying to silence their views on a site that I own, and I'd really rather not have anti-American anti-freedom views shared, explained, or spread on a platform that I started, so I kind of get where these people are coming from.

We are at war. Currently, its a war of words. The goal is to control the narrative and turn the court of public opinion in your side's favor to garner votes and support. The enemies of freedom have wisely used our own system of free speech and the free market against us. They have, over time, bought up all the news outlets, or created new ones, and they now control the news media world wide, and so we are all constantly bombarded by their leftist views from the time we are born and most people don't even realize it. They've infiltrated all levels of government and now have control of the public education system over here so they can teach their version of revisionist history and corrupt the minds of our youth at an early age. Their plan is working and I don't know how to stop it. They aren't fooling every one, but they are certainly fooling a very large percentage of us. And for those who haven't yet realized it, the Republicans are also part of this plan. The whole Republican Vs. Democrat thing is a sham. Both parties are the enemy of the American people and both parties seek to gain more power and control over the people who are supposed to be in charge of our government. Us. Both parties have been slowly and methodically working to erode the freedoms that made us the greatest, most free nation that has ever existed on this planet.

I can say that I agree with this....freedom...everyone should have it....the only thing I think is that a child should have constitutional rights....its a human being....a person born/unborn here within the US should have equal rights. We talk about how killing animals is inhumane....and people go to jail for that ****....but its ok to abort a HUMAN. Life starts at conception..... :'(

As far as the race/gender/religion thing goes....I would have to agree. I could care less if a black person opened a restaurant and refused service to white people and vice versa. Someone of Christian faith not making a cake for a gay wedding, etc....I agree with that....

Now, if it comes to religious human "sacrifices"....then no, I don't think that should be allowed because it is murder.

It doesn't boil down to everyone having rights but the rights they have that are bound by "law".

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Abortion has become a type of birth control....and I don't want my tax dollar paying for it.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

You should've been a blogger, lol. You are all about equality and I respect that. :)

Latest posts