• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T blondi

bestco

3 Year Member
My t blondi has gone in to molt :) after 2 months of waiting, she is 9 inch can't wait to see how big she will be, and my male gbb molted last night he's getting big very fast grower, I'm up to 38 t's now :) thought I would share lol

PamCz

3 Year Member
Actually, Fleas, they are so hard to keep that it'll likely die before it gets big enough to eat you! hehe

However, a L. parahybana gets pretty big, are easy to raise....and might do the job. o_O

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Just a quick FYI, nearly all T. blondi sold are in reality T. stirmi.
With a true T. blondi humidity/moisture in the enclosure is "critical" in keeping them healthy. This is the biggest cause of the molting problems from inexperienced keepers owning them. When they are available the price is higher than a T. stirmi.
If I can find the photo comparison chart I have (somewhere), I'll post it.

PamCz

3 Year Member
Just a quick FYI, nearly all T. blondi sold are in reality T. stirmi.
With a true T. blondi humidity/moisture in the enclosure is "critical" in keeping them healthy. This is the biggest cause of the molting problems from inexperienced keepers owning them. When they are available the price is higher than a T. stirmi.
If I can find the photo comparison chart I have (somewhere), I'll post it.
The best way I know to tell them apart is that the stirmi doesn't have hair on the patellas and the blondi does. Easy peasy.