• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So I tried to feed my Brachypelma Klassi a superworm….

ryanm7277

And the superworm did what they do and burrowed….so Pinky decided, I’m gonna get this mother f-er and dug him out….so week later it happened again and I figured my little pinky will get him, but to my dismay when I went to check on him he basically caused a collapse of his burrow. So I took him out, found the super worm and fixed his stuff, but now little pinky won’t go into the burrow? Probably just needs a couple to reaclaimate?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
when feeding worms always crush the head to avoid sth like that happening again.Make sure is well crushed tho as had few burrow and pupate even with crushed head.
As for the spider
It will be ok just needs to settle in as basically you rehoused it.It may take days,weeks or months thats up to your individual spider.
Regards Konstantin

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
can you do that with wax worms for slings?

For slings, I generally feed beheaded mealworms. But I also sometimes buy some Morioworms & I cut them into 2's or 3's & feed those & occasionally, I also buy waxworms & if feeding small slings waxworms, I chop a small bit off, so they can get to the nutritious bit easily.

I am sure someone will tell me if it's good nutrtious food or not. But waxworms have the advantage of developing into moths & those I pop into my arboreal enclosures. It is the reason I do not mind buying waxworms for occasional sling food. I keep some & give my arboreals some natural flying food. But as I said. I have no idea how nutritious these moths are.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Wait until you have to come up with a decent method of crushing dubia roaches' heads.

They play dead AND burrow if you don't.