• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Singapore blue tarantula

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Hi guys,

It seems another tarantula has walked its way into my wish list. A Singapore blue. My question is does anyone have or had one? What are like to keep, temperament ect. Standard questions apply :)

On a side note the for sale section on here is it all in the US? I cant find and UK sellers?

Chris

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
Hi guys,

It seems another tarantula has walked its way into my wish list. A Singapore blue. My question is does anyone have or had one? What are like to keep, temperament ect. Standard questions apply :)

On a side note the for sale section on here is it all in the US? I cant find and UK sellers?

Chris
Lampropelma violaceopes old world arboreal so they are fast and have potent venom and generally considered skittish and defensive like other old world. they are a south east Asian species so they like it humid however since they are arboreal good ventilation is very important so you need to have a good balance between the two.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
Thanks for the info, do you have any experience with these personally? I own an old world spider (OBT) so im no stranger to the speed and venom.

Thanks
Chris
I own a lampropelma nigerrimum and most of my collection are from the genus haplopelma which is from the same subfamily Ornithoctoninae as a result they have the same care requirement ect. the only difference is lampropelma are arboreal, while haplopelma are fossorial

Latest posts