• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Retrieving a Molt

NaturalSkill

Ello,

My Xenesthis Species Blue just finished molting. He/She is sitting right next to the molted exoskeleton. I sure would love to get my long tweezers and grab it before the possiblity that the Xenesthis tramples the pristine Molt. I am sure I could sex the Molt. The last Molt was trampled and destroyed. How dangerous is it to grab a Molt that's right beside a freshly molted tarantula?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you won't/don't disturb the spider you could grab it now, or you can wait a few hours

timc

3 Year Member
As stated just leave it for a few hours. Keep in mind tarantulas don’t tear up their exuviae for fun, I believe they’re trying to obtain as much excess moisture from them as they can as the process of molting is very stressful and really takes a lot of their fluids to accomplish successfully. Anyone correct me if I’m wrong on this but I’m pretty sure that’s what they’re doing lol.

Latest posts