• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poecilotheria regalis to ultimate enclosure

SamuraiLawyer

3 Year Member
Pokie keepers,

My p. regalis just finished a molt, is now 2.3 inches, and probably ready for a rehouse from the tennis ball cannister I've been keeping it in--I spared no expense :). I am familiar with the general guidelines about spider size and enclosures, but I'm wondering if Pokies are different. Given their speed and venom, it seems that the fewer rehouses the better, from a safety standpoint, for both me and the Pokie.

At what size would you put a p.regalis in it's ultimate adult enclosure? I'm trying to get a feel for whether I should skip an intermediate size.

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I would keep it in a smaller enclosure for a while yet. Most people use a 10 gallon aquarium size tank for adults and at 2.3" I think that's a little large for such a small t. I would go with an intermediate sized enclosure for a while.
I'm sure others will chime in with what worked best for them.

TJB13

3 Year Member
I keep mine in a large 18 x 12 x 12 exoterra, only uses the cork tube and branch. Lots of wasted space and I have had it in there since just under 4 inch leg span. The extra room is nice for a flighty specimen, just unnecessary.

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
I think the best thing would be getting an enclosure that is just big enough to house your T based on its size but also whether or not it's active. My p.regalis Pepper is shy and timid, and rarely leaves the web tent she made on the floor of her enclosure. She is in a WalMart brand canning jar. My p.metallica Jade likes to be up high, and is fairly active so she is in a Kritter Keeper turned on its side lengthwise.

Latest posts