• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paragonexotics1214 is a Scammer

Metallattorney

DO NOT do business with them. They offered to sell me a tarantula a couple of weeks ago, I paid and they were supposed to send out last week. They stopped responding the day they were supposed to ship. They then offered to sell me another tarantula, apparently forgetting they were supposed a first one and claimed they had been gone. I did not agree to a new deal but said I would consider it if they shipped the first tarantula. That was supposed to have happened on Monday. Of course, no word from them.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That sucks. I feel for you. The red flag should have been that they have never contributed to this site. No reviews in this forum and only one message which was their ad. There should be a site fee to sell in the marketplace... Tarantula Club members only.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
DO NOT do business with them. They offered to sell me a tarantula a couple of weeks ago, I paid and they were supposed to send out last week. They stopped responding the day they were supposed to ship. They then offered to sell me another tarantula, apparently forgetting they were supposed a first one and claimed they had been gone. I did not agree to a new deal but said I would consider it if they shipped the first tarantula. That was supposed to have happened on Monday. Of course, no word from them.
Really sorry for your experience and loss. Hopefully you used a payment source that allows dispute and actively responds to matters & complaints lodged by users.

Did that user contact you here, on this forum, with that exact user name "Paragonexotics1214"?

LadyShanna92

Really sorry for your experience and loss. Hopefully you used a payment source that allows dispute and actively responds to matters & complaints lodged by users.

Did that user contact you here, on this forum, with that exact user name "Paragonexotics1214"?
For me it was paragonexotics1214 so the p was lowercase. Unfortunately he demands friends and family payment. I'll call my bank tomorrow. I have his phone number, PayPal, everything

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They just scammed me too. I was about to post a review. I'm going to contact my bank. They sold me two homoeomma chilensis slings and they were supposed to be here Yesterday.
For me it was paragonexotics1214 so the p was lowercase. Unfortunately he demands friends and family payment. I'll call my bank tomorrow. I have his phone number, PayPal, everything
Did they contact you here, on this forum?

MBullock

3 Year Member
That's the major red flag right there- 'friends and family'. For years i was wondering why my sales were tanking and it was because everyone thought I was being a crook or something.

MBullock

3 Year Member
I honestly didn't know any better and I feel like a moron for falling for it. Lesson learned
Well if it's any consolation, these types of scammers are screwing themselves out of thousands of dollars by instantly making their prey catch-on to their BS. Had they been intelligent, they'd subtly scam you over a long period of time and make alot more money as the best way to scam people is in a manner they dont realize they're being scammed.

Like how companies trick you into installing apps on your phone and allowing them access to your photos, camera, microphone, location (*cough-cough* FACEBOOK *cough-cough* POKEMON GO) so they can rake in millions off of you without you even knowing. For this reason dont EVER ever take snapshots of your sensitive documents or store passwords in your phone's notepad- especially if said notepad wants access to the aforementioned permissions.

but these spider scammers are just small-time petty thieves pretending to be masterminds, when in reality they're just petty criminals and nothing more. Probably spent all that money on drugs and didnt even buy any crypto :p

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I honestly didn't know any better and I feel like a moron for falling for it. Lesson learned
It happens, based on this thread and shared experiences I took the liberty of writing this thread

LadyShanna92

It happens, based on this thread and shared experiences I took the liberty of writing this thread

Good read. Yeah I learned my lesson for sure. Hopefully I can find some homoeomma chilensis slings for sale soon. The search begins anew

LadyShanna92

Well if it's any consolation, these types of scammers are screwing themselves out of thousands of dollars by instantly making their prey catch-on to their BS. Had they been intelligent, they'd subtly scam you over a long period of time and make alot more money as the best way to scam people is in a manner they dont realize they're being scammed.

Like how companies trick you into installing apps on your phone and allowing them access to your photos, camera, microphone, location (*cough-cough* FACEBOOK *cough-cough* POKEMON GO) so they can rake in millions off of you without you even knowing. For this reason dont EVER ever take snapshots of your sensitive documents or store passwords in your phone's notepad- especially if said notepad wants access to the aforementioned permissions.

but these spider scammers are just small-time petty thieves pretending to be masterminds, when in reality they're just petty criminals and nothing more. Probably spent all that money on drugs and didnt even buy any pr

but these spider scammers are just small-time petty thieves pretending to be masterminds, when in reality they're just petty criminals and nothing more. Probably spent all that money on drugs and didnt even buy any crypto :p
Yeup he's already on blast here and my one Facebook group. If he had pulled through I guarantee I could have netted him a few more sales via word of mouth

Latest posts