• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

our new martinique pink toe (Avicularia versicolor)sling

donna

3 Year Member
Hello, here are some pics of our new sling, a martinique pink toe. we have called 'her' Aurora : as in aurora borealis, in anticipation of 'her' adult colours.
DSC_0467.JPG
DSC_0468.JPG
DSC_0470.JPG
DSC_0471.JPG
DSC_0472.JPG
DSC_0473.JPG

donna

3 Year Member
they had both cobalt & green bottle blue slings , both of which we really want but they were on hold for the staff but they took our number for the guy who deals with the tarantulas, as today was his day off & are going to get him to ring us tomorrow, very excited at the prospect of either or both :D

donna

3 Year Member
just wanted to ask, you might have noticed a piece of sponge in the pot. i am not a fan of sponge, just the risk of mold puts me off. we usually just mist till old enough for a bottle top of water in tub but we didn,t want to disturb the sling too much yet, what are your thoughts on using on sponge??

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Get the spounge out asap. All spounges do is breed bacteria. A sling can drink just fine from a nice spray.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Every time I see pics like these I really wish Ts like Versicolor, GBB, and Pamphobeteus sp, would keep their sling color to adult hood. :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I love A. versicolors!!!!!! If I was in the market for another T, I'd seriously consider one. What are their personalities like? Beautiful photos, btw. :D

Latest posts