• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OBT goes for jail break.

arachbiodude

This one escaped before and it took a month to find it. In bathroom on window ledge. LOL

Attachments

• obtjailbreak.jpg
    obtjailbreak.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 32

x_raphael_xx

I was always kinda pleased I’d never had an escapee. Thought I was such a responsible and careful T owner…until the dog broke into the Zoo Room when I was at work one day. Caught redhanded on the cameras causing chaos.
Thats the b.albiceps enclosure he has in his mouth.
He threw it around and smashed the box open. Luckily both T and dog survived the encounter unscathed.
T was found with a bald butt cowering in a cupboard.

5F271F5B-A7BA-414C-BCF1-95144BE8A555.jpeg

DEXTER107

Tarantula Club Member
I was always kinda pleased I’d never had an escapee. Thought I was such a responsible and careful T owner…until the dog broke into the Zoo Room when I was at work one day. Caught redhanded on the cameras causing chaos.
Thats the b.albiceps enclosure he has in his mouth.
He threw it around and smashed the box open. Luckily both T and dog survived the encounter unscathed.
T was found with a bald butt cowering in a cupboard.

View attachment 68494
Good thing puppy didn’t get any hairs up his nose. Would have been a hard lesson learned.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is so funny now, but I am sure at the time there was a lot of concerns. Were you alerted to the situation while you were away, like a motion detector going off, or did you come home to it?

Also any thoughts about putting in a security camera/ two way audio video so that should it happen again, you could speak to the dog? “Drop it! I said Drop it! Good dog!”

x_raphael_xx

That is so funny now, but I am sure at the time there was a lot of concerns. Were you alerted to the situation while you were away, like a motion detector going off, or did you come home to it?

Also any thoughts about putting in a security camera/ two way audio video so that should it happen again, you could speak to the dog? “Drop it! I said Drop it! Good dog!”
I just happened to check my camera app on my phone. I live across the road from work, so literally just upped and left and was home in 3 mins.
I have a thick doornet/mesh thing covering the doorway, he'd busted the bottom pins and commando-ed under. Now I also have a baby gate infront of the door too.