• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Tarantula Mom, Have Questions

MaddyTT

Hey, I'm a new tarantula mom and my little guy is kinda curled up in the corner of her habitat, so that she looks kind of "scrunched up", pressing against the side. She is a spiderling and I have been taking care of her for about a week. She has also been refusing food. I can't help but worry because I am a little neurotic. Should I do anything for her? Is she getting ready to molt? She's a Mexican red knee btw. Thanks :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She isnt reacting

In that case I suggest you get in touch with the seller. I'm sorry to say but it sounds as though your little one may have died but please don't be put off, you must try again.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Please update us on what is happening. I am not sure how much help the seller can do as you had it for a week, unless a longer guarantee was provided.

Feel free to post some pictures of the enclosure, that might help in determining any issues. Sometimes slings just don’t make it.

Poki mon

I have a fireleg sling right now. For the past 2 months it has covered its hide with a mound of dirt, and has burrowed deep. I can see the tunnels and occasionally I see the sling through the side. I just make sure it has access to water. I throw an occasional cricket in there (no feeding response) I know it isn't dead. It's just odd. It acts fossorial and I'm just letting them be.