• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New addition in laMort's family!

laMort

3 Year Member
Today I got a new T, brachypelma emilia spiderling! She/he is so tiny and adorable! I've felt a little bit sad lately, and I didn't think something that small could cheer me up so quickly, but it did! Love that itsy-bitsy spider. :)

Emily.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
It's daunting at first. They're so little and fragile. But they're sturdy and active. You're in for some fun!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They should be ok. I fed my first slings pieces of grown crickets I chopped up for a couple months until I found a place that sold wee ones. Just watch the humidity, be wary of mold, and enjoy. They are so much tougher than they look. I don't think I will EVER buy a MF/MM unless I have a breeding project going, or it is another rescue.

laMort

3 Year Member
I wish I could by more slings/juveniles soon, but it's so hard to get tarantulas in Estonia. :( I was really lucky to get this one!

laMort

3 Year Member
I offered her some little worms, but she didn't want them. Could she be in pre-molt? Her abdomen kinda looks dark.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Could be, don't push her if she doesn't want food, I would just keep and eye and leave her be. Could you take a pic of her so we can see her abdomen? :D

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Her abdomen does look dark to me, she could be in pre-molt. But since you did just get her how do you know her abdomen isn't that dark all the time?

Latest posts