• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My other animals ....

GarField000

3 Year Member
many years ago I started with 2 ratsnakes. A missing black and a butter. 2 females.
Then the 2 got 10 .... all different colours/morphs that I liked.
From the 10 females I started with males ...... I stared breeding ... but after Corona I stopped with that.

I had all kinds off reptiles. Chameleon, Gecko's, Bearded Dragon .....
I love all kinds off animals. I always had dogs but after the divorce I was gone to much for a dog.
I have 3 red cats now .... I had guinea pigs, rats, rabits .. I now only have gerbils. Just for pets, not for food. My snakes all eat from the freezer :).

I now have 31 ratsnakes. 2 dwarf boa (BCI tarahumara), 1 hognose, 3 Elaphe dione, 2 black and a red stripe (Dione's rat snake) and 2 Pantherophis obsoleta lindheimeri leucsitic (texas ratsnakes).

And I now have 64 species off spiders. 92 in total ... some spcecies i have 2, 3 or even 4 :D.
I mostly buy 2 slings and when one is female I can sell the other one. But I have big troubles selling them :D.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I too kept and bred snakes (corns, rats, boas, hognose, Vietnamese blues to name a few). I only have a Royal Python and a Hognose along with 40+ Ts and 3 cats (all black).
Over the years we too have had many reptiles, rats, chinchilla, green Iguana but my favourite was a pair of chuckwallas.

Latest posts