• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My GBB needs HELP!!!

Cookie'sT's

Hi there!!
I really NEED some help with my T!
December 2022 I recieved a GBB sling as a xmas gift! So so so exciting!! Has been eating and molting perfectly!!
I awoke this Christmas Eve 2023 morning to my GBB with a leg straight up in the air going towards its carapace! Of course I did some searching and the T wasn't bleeding or leaking at all. The Ts let is swollen but that's the extent of it! So obviously now I'm thinking what has happened. Maybe it fell?! I'm not entirely sure!
So I awoke Christmas 2023 morning to it having 4 legs straight up in the air going towards the carapace. No bleeding or leaking. Where the leg joints come together it's white and swollen looking, more so the first then the last three. My research says when they swell they go upward like that.
The GBB also came with a Pulchrapice sling who passed away 3 weeks ago. Only molted once and ate only a handful of times, then burrowed and I went in to look, it was lethargic etc, I tried ICU etc and unfortunately it was gone! I also have a teen bird eater who is doing AMAZING!
I don't understand what has happened to his legs. Did I do something wrong? Did I not do something?! What do I do? Should I put in ICU? Should I wait it out and see? Should I help drop the original leg?! Should I uthenize? Here's some photos, I tried moving his water closer to his home (it was refilled after the photo was taken)!!
Thank you so much for y'all's time!!
Snapchat-1184091703.jpg
Snapchat-1184091703.jpg
IMG_20231225_214707.jpg
Snapchat-829236511.jpg
IMG_20231227_102411.jpg
Snapchat-2110935673.jpg

Latest posts