• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

moult issue !!!

spidey noob

3 Year Member
hi all, one of my n,chromatus sling moulted !!! when i went to remove the moult i noticed that the it was still attached to the Ts abdomen but only on the very top of it !!! (all legs are fully out) looks like its draging another T behind it lol.
its only a 2/3cm sling, what would u all do ???
1, leave it to the T
2, try & remove it

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had the same with my LP sling the other day. I used my finest tweezers to gently pull it and it came right off. The Pipsqueak even sat still while I did it and then raced around the enclosure as if to say "I'm free!!!".

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
LoL, Glad it worked out for you yet to experience that I have only had 1 bad molt in 5 years ( i have approximately 60) and it killed my white knee. :( (knock on wood). I probably would have misted it then tried brush tactic.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
Sorry to here abought your Wight knee !!! Only one bad moult in 5yr is good going, I wet the brush & keept dabing the molt before I tryed to remove it. :)

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
yes i have S02E01 Completed just have to fix my goofed up youtube/google+ linking then i will upload them. it has 5 parts. they are getting longer as my collection grows. I do not edit them I post them as is if the T eats or doesn't trying to keep it real.

PamCz

3 Year Member
In the past I've just dropped one drop of water on the stuck point (happened w/ a sling), which was the same as yours, the butt. Then, about 5 minutes later, just lightly pulled w/ tweezers and it came right off. One of my biggest fears...losing a T to a bad molt. :( I would imagine it being such a helpless feeling.

Latest posts