• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male or Female?

ShadowStace21

Hi guys!

I’m wondering if my Mexican fire leg is male or female. They are around 3 years old, has no emboli and is huge. Leg span is 12cm. Very colourful. I’m gunna attach the molt here too to help. Fingers crossed that they are female!

Thank you in advance for any advice or opinions!

Attachments

• IMG_9681.jpeg
    IMG_9681.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36

Heretic

Its hard to tell from the pic. you need to spread the area out between the two front lungs and see if you can find a fold or flap of skin between them on the rearward side. This will be the sperm pouch. It folds inward so many people attempt to place a piece of paper or blade behind it to prove to themselves its an actual flap and not just a torn part of the molt.

I just placed a pic of my H. Pulchripes molt up and I couldnt find a flap or fold in the area its is supposed to be in. The Molt was tore up bad but I feel it should have been there, so I think I bought a male that was sold to me as a female. I havent see the T yet. Possible 1 more molt for a mature male so I'll be lookingf for spurs when I do get to see it.

Latest posts