• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jumping in head first.

micheldied

3 Year Member
I'm sorry I started this on both forums. My title was just meant as I'm excited ith my new purchases and they're the ones I wanted.
I just assumed members would say "nice T's, good luck and be careful", and move on. Didn't expect anything more.
I also apologize for bringing the bs here. Let's just end it. Nothing good is coming from it.
Now I kno what I should and shouldn't post. That's all.

You have nothing to apologize for. Even if you did something as simple as open a bottle of water, the internet would go crazy. It's part of the fun.

Thistles

3 Year Member
I don't think Thistles was being very hostile toward this forum in particular at all. He's right, many of the posts here mock and generalize AB. I'm on both, and while there are more of the high and mighty over there, not all of them are. There are plenty of helpful people on there.
Exactly. Each serves a purpose. I'm a member here because I like it. That doesn't mean I have to hate every other forum.

As for whether a T. stirmi is fast; I think it completely depends on what you're comparing it to. I'd say they can move fairly quickly. I've had T. apophysis move across a large enclosure very quickly, and they definitely strike prey quickly. Are they as fast as Pokies? No, definitely not. Just because someone calls an animal fast, it doesn't mean they can't handle it. It can be just a simple description, without meaning too fast to handle.
That's fair on its own. I don't want to be pushed into criticizing the OP and rehashing his whole post history, so I'm going to leave that alone. He's had a bellyful, I'm sure.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Exactly. Each serves a purpose. I'm a member here because I like it. That doesn't mean I have to hate every other forum.

That's fair on its own. I don't want to be pushed into criticizing the OP and rehashing his whole post history, so I'm going to leave that alone. He's had a bellyful, I'm sure.
I didn't mean it was sooo fast and overwhelming. I simply meant it's an 8"+ stirmi with a baaaaad aditude, and I'm not scared, just cautious. That being said, of course I'd be just as cautious with the super speedsters.
Thx

Latest posts