• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It happened, my rose hair turned psycho.

MyKindOfLullaby

3 Year Member
My tarantula, Creature, used to be such a nice spider. She'd let me take her out and she wasn't skittish at all. I could put my hands in her cage with no problem. After she molted she started attacking everything in sight. She's pretty aggressive now. It has been a few months since she has molted and she's still being a grumpy little spider.

Do you think I'll ever be able to hold her again? :p

I feed her twice a week (she's still pretty slim) so I don't think she's grumpy from hunger.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Oh, dear. My Rosie is very docile but she's about to molt...I guess I'll have to steel myself for a possible attitude change! So sorry, maybe with her next molt your Rosie will switch back. I've heard of that happening.

xray_chic

3 Year Member
The same thing happened with my Chilean Rose at about 10 years old. I also cared for one at a college lab that did the same thing. I just don't hold her anymore. I've had her for 13 years. I could try her again and update you.

Latest posts