• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Horned Worms

Up till now I have had no problems feeding my tarantulas anything. I decided to give horned worms a go.
No one is having it. lol. To the point of most of them run away from them.

Anyone have any tips or tricks on feeding new stuff to their T's?

Gonna take the horned worms back to the petshop and donate them as they are almost full grown and I dont need a bunch of big moths flying around my house.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No tricks, I just put the new feeder near where the tarantula is, and if they take it in 24 hours, then success, if not I try again in a few days.

Jeef

3 Year Member
I too, have never had much luck giving hornworms to my crew. Fortunately for me I usually have at least one spider who eats absolutely anything.

Unfortunately, that is the best I got for that. I don't worry about giving my tarantulas a varied diet. They seem to do just fine off just crickets. I've tried other things with mixed results.

I got to go feed them to the lizards at the pet shop near me. So not a total loss.
I've gotten them all to eat dubias, redrunners, crickets, and super worms. So figured I'd give the horned worms a go. They almost double in size everyday so quickly out grew all of my T's.

MBullock

3 Year Member
My aphonos loved the adults way more. Messy though and scales fly everywhere but the predatory response was insane.

Latest posts