• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Homoeoma sp Fire

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Was browsing posts and saw Homoeoma sp Fire for sale so being unfamiliar with it went to look at it. (Yeah Google is my friend for pictures)
Anyway;
Can't find much on care for these guys, anyone have one that can give me a heads up?
Requirements, size, how defensive are they etc etc etc?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
All i can find are older posts on various forums. Looks like they're raised similar to the rosea, dry sub, water dish. Read one post about molt issues, overflowing the waterdish during premolt may help, or make the T climb the walls like the rosea.

Defensive some say, aggresive others posted, docile also, so typical of any species ;)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
All i can find are older posts on various forums. Looks like they're raised similar to the rosea, dry sub, water dish. Read one post about molt issues, overflowing the waterdish during premolt may help, or make the T climb the walls like the rosea.
Defensive some say, aggresive others posted, docile also, so typical of any species ;)
Yeah, basic T caresheet stuff is all I could find and it's conflicting :(

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have yet to find a T that does not cope with the "usual" 75to 80 degrees (ish) heating, open water dish, misting of the tank once or twice a week, 4 to 6 inch of sub and a healthy supply of food. Don't really bother too much with care sheets apart from whether they like it moist or not tbh.

Fleas

3 Year Member
Fotor_145478055642444.jpg my beautiful girl:)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh damn...got two of those now...slow growers. Absolutely striking though.
I have yet to find a T that does not cope with the "usual" 75to 80 degrees (ish) heating, open water dish, misting of the tank once or twice a week, 4 to 6 inch of sub and a healthy supply of food. Don't really bother too much with care sheets apart from whether they like it moist or not tbh.
Naw the care sheets are usually a joke. That's why I asked here :p

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh damn...got two of those now...slow growers. Absolutely striking though.

Naw the care sheets are usually a joke. That's why I asked here :p
not all. granted they all want you to keep the humidity at specific percentage and the temps have to be in a 5 degree range or else!! :p but the Mikes Basic Tarantula sheets actually have some helpful info in them. I use those to see if they burrow or are kept on dry or moist substrate, etc.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
not all. granted they all want you to keep the humidity at specific percentage and the temps have to be in a 5 degree range or else!! :p but the Mikes Basic Tarantula sheets actually have some helpful info in them. I use those to see if they burrow or are kept on dry or moist substrate, etc.

I agree Mikes Basic Tarantula care sheets are reasonably good.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree on those particular basic sheets, covers the basic need to know as you guys said.

Fleas

3 Year Member
She's gorgeous! How is her attitude? Don't mind them having a bit of attitude, truth be told it gives them a bit of personality....but not overly keen on one that bolts for the opening just to bite me fifty times :/
There one of the most docile T's I have. Always pondering and exploring around in its enclosure, super active always in view. When you open there enclosure they want to get out of there to say what's up. The only time I ever seen aggression from them was when they meet with the MM during mating

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There one of the most docile T's I have. Always pondering and exploring around in its enclosure, super active always in view. When you open there enclosure they want to get out of there to say what's up. The only time I ever seen aggression from them was when they meet with the MM during mating
Awesome definitely on my have list. :) Ty :p

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpeg
OK guys re-purposing my linen closet for T's. Going to install a led strip and a small fan for circulation. Figure I can use red for night time and still see them. Son and I had words when he found out I was checking out another tarantula. He asked how many
*%<*#+# bugs I was going to have. I thought about it, smiled and winked at him. Thanked him for giving me attitude and reminding that 'I' was the mother then checked the closet. Told him sweetly that I thought I could fit fifty in there, at least till I redid my double closet. linen closet would then be the sling room.
So, list time :)

VanessaS

3 Year Member
That is the new name of the Euathlus sp. red hope that helps

Really? I hadn't heard that. Interesting that some people have said that they have an attitude - they are the one species that I have never heard even one person claim that they are defensive in the least. I guess all my records on my two have to be edited.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really? I hadn't heard that. Interesting that some people have said that they have an attitude - they are the one species that I have never heard even one person claim that they are defensive in the least. I guess all my records on my two have to be edited.
Seems most say they are fairly docile. Just the occasional one showing it's adorable bottom :)

Latest posts