• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help please! new member needs advice on chilean rose

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
Hi everyone,

i hope i am doing this right i tried looking for a similar thread but couldnt find one.

ok so we have a chilean rose,

weve had him/her for nearly a year now, when we first got it the pet shop said it was due a molt, which it still hasnt done. not great amount of knowledge im affraid. so

it hasnt ate for a while now about 3 ish weeks maybe more, its moved over to its water balls but not really made a web at all.

so i went to it to look at it n its not really moved for like 2/3 days now, i tapped the cage yesterday to check n it acknowledged i was there but nothing else really, when it tried to stand it its as if its stuck to the floor and cant lift its legs or is very weak.

i phoned the vets who dont know anything about tarantulas so she phoned experts who wanna charge 15 pound for there opinion, so i phone the pet shop and she thinks without seeing him he maybe about to molt but im just not sure.

im gonna put up some pics could you please give me some advice as im starting to get worried, since she said he could be molting we havent been near it but it hasnt moved today all day, its twisted around about a cm but other than that nothing.

anyone have any back experience?

at one called DSC_0383 thats the one of it usually, n the rest are of it right now

so sorry i keep going just dont wanna miss anything out

mercifulfate3
thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC_0213.JPG
    DSC_0213.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0214.JPG
    DSC_0214.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0216.JPG
    DSC_0216.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0217.JPG
    DSC_0217.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0383.jpg
    DSC_0383.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Hi…

I think it's molting time. My Rosie also went completely limp before molting; it was as if she couldn't move at all. I was kind of nervous myself but the following morning I found her completely molted and looking lovely.

Just leave your Rosie be. Don't touch her or try to move her. It will probably take several hours but the majority of molts process normally.

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
thanks that kinda make me feel better :) do you think its male or female or will i have to wait and see? im not sure how to tell

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
hi everyone,

i posted this yesterday about my chilean rose. just a wee update, he hasn't moved at all since then? no molt nothing. im really starting to panic. the guages in the tank are in the green so i thought this ment it was ok for him to molt. is there something i can do. thats a nearly 3 days hes been here but this time he hasnt moved at all.

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
Hi…

I think it's molting time. My Rosie also went completely limp before molting; it was as if she couldn't move at all. I was kind of nervous myself but the following morning I found her completely molted and looking lovely.

Just leave your Rosie be. Don't touch her or try to move her. It will probably take several hours but the majority of molts process normally.

hi again sabeth, could you spare some more advice?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Sorry, I was away for a bit. Still nothing? Unfortunately I've never had any first-hand dealings with molting problems. Did he ever flip over or anything? It's possible that it wasn't a molt and that he's just resting.

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
hia again, no not flipping or nothing, were now coming into the 3rd day of nothin but twitches, but today not even that. the pet shop told me to lightly spray him with water but i was scared to do this, when i check the humidity today it dropped to 50 so i sprayed lightly at a fair distance and it shot back to 70% but while doing his he didnt move a mm.

i hope im doing all the right things, this is my first tarantula, so abit inexperiences

Neoza

3 Year Member
Spray the T with water????? Never do that! Pet shop.. You dont have to listen to them! They really dont know nothing about them. When a T is going to molt it can fasten for months. My G.pulchripes didnt eat and mived for 2 months because a molt was coming. Trantulas move in general not much though.