• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me decide on my freebie sling

Clintaceous D

So right now I am in the process of ordering some slings and enclosures for them. I ordered a G. pulchripes and a C. cyaneopubescens and 3 AMAC enclosures for them. 1 for the cyaneo, the other 2 for the pulchripes for when it gets here and as it grows.

However, I decided to take advantage of a freebie sling because why not! Not everyday you get a free tarantula! I asked for their freebie list and this is whats up for grabs:

T. verdezi
N. tripepii
T. kahlenbergi
N. chromatus
T. vagans
L. parahybana

What is everyone's thoughts? For reference I used to own a C. cyaneopubescens a few years ago and it did well almost a year. Unfortunately I lost it to a freak accident, otherwise I'd still have it. Other then that that's my own experience.

My thoughts so far are to forget the L. parahybana as I already have a large tarantula through the G. pulchripes. For now my favourite is the N. chromatus as it looks different then my other two slings, but its skittishness worries me. If its similar to a GBB though I'm not worried.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd say if you like the N. chromatus then get one. So long as you know they can be skittish you'll be watchful therefore ok.