• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help identifying Heterometrus species.

Zoopy

Any chance someone can help me ID this Scorpion, please? I bought it as He spinifer, but I've read that they're often misidentified in the hobby and just want to make sure.

I tried getting a photo of the bottom to see if I can sex it too, but I couldn't get a decent photo from outside the enclosure. I'm not super keen on taking it out just yet either, because it's one mean little bugger. When I brought it home, it was motioning at me with its pinchers like it was warning me to try and touch it, lol. I'm hoping it gets less unfriendly once it settles a bit.

Coming from tarantulas I knew scorpions are not quite as chilled, but I was not quite expecting this level of "screw you" from it. It was living in a tank with 4 others, so hopefully it's not gravid. I'm not keen on dealing with babies right now.

1000062131.jpg
1000062127.jpg
1000062123.jpg
1000062126.jpg
1000062130.jpg
1000062131.jpg

Let me know if the pics aren't sufficient and I'll try and get better ones.