• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from VA

Gator Watson

Hey, there! I'm a new keeper that has definitely dived head first. Ive kept a few different invert before and have loved T's for years but never pulled the trigger.

Currently I'm keeping:
0.0.1 A avic m1 juvenile(suspected female)
0.0.1 C cyanopubescens sling

Soon I'm looking to get a G pulchripes sling and will probably throw a T vagans in there because everyone should have one.

Other than keeping inverts, I love to fish, cook, play music every now and again and always have time to throw video games in there. Let me know if you're in northern VA, I'd love to meet some fellow keepers!

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

What other kinds of inverts did you keep?

Gator Watson

Greetings and welcome aboard!

What other kinds of inverts did you keep?
Growing up is was a lot of 'put this bug in this jar for two days until mom yells at you'. Whatever looked cool. Permanently, I kept an H. caroleninsis(sp?) and a bunch of local isopods. At the time I never thought to look at what species they may have been. I worked in pest control for a while(I know, I know, I don't anymore!) And we always had various specimens coming through the office. Most were dead and ended up pinned, but occasionally we would keep something around for a little while to observe it and then release it.

Jeef

3 Year Member
I have zero problems with pest control. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I've been eyeballing blue death feigning beetles lately. I wouldn't mind a giant millipede. I keep considering isopods until I see the price. I can go out back and find tons for free. Granted, they aren't yellow or spotted, but there you are. I've got an expo to go to next weekend. Who knows what I'm going to come home with.

Gator Watson

I have zero problems with pest control. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I've been eyeballing blue death feigning beetles lately. I wouldn't mind a giant millipede. I keep considering isopods until I see the price. I can go out back and find tons for free. Granted, they aren't yellow or spotted, but there you are. I've got an expo to go to next weekend. Who knows what I'm going to come home with.
Pest control was fascinating to me. I honestly loved it. There were some things that I wasn't happy to do, but it was a great way to work with inverts every day and help people.

I did have an ivory millepede. I think that was keeper error with the substrate and it didn't make it, unfortunately.

I have an empty 10 gal that I've been wanting to do a desert landscape in. Blue death feigning beetles and velvet ants. That'll have to happen soon.

Latest posts