• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from south Florida

Maddoggy

Hello
I am very excited about joining the T forum. I am the proud owner of two avicularia versicolor slings. I have owned Ts in the past but its been over thirty years since I have owned and cared for one. I can tell by reading some of the post that a lot of the info that I was exposed to is incorrect and outdated. A few questions I have about my enclosures and husbandry to help me along. My slings are about the size of a dime, I am keeping them in 4 x8 x5 inch critter keepers and am using eco terra coco coir as a substrate. They are housed next to my fish tank so they stay a constant 75 to 80 degrees . I am feeding them 1/8 inch crickets I also have a fruit fly culture that I use for my fish and was wondering if that would be suitable feeders. I don't have a water dish in the enclosure just the piece of cotton that they were shipped with. If anyone would like to give me some constructive criticism i would really appreciate it/. Thank you and look forward for some feedback

Noodlelove

Hello
I am very excited about joining the T forum. I am the proud owner of two avicularia versicolor slings. I have owned Ts in the past but its been over thirty years since I have owned and cared for one. I can tell by reading some of the post that a lot of the info that I was exposed to is incorrect and outdated. A few questions I have about my enclosures and husbandry to help me along. My slings are about the size of a dime, I am keeping them in 4 x8 x5 inch critter keepers and am using eco terra coco coir as a substrate. They are housed next to my fish tank so they stay a constant 75 to 80 degrees . I am feeding them 1/8 inch crickets I also have a fruit fly culture that I use for my fish and was wondering if that would be suitable feeders. I don't have a water dish in the enclosure just the piece of cotton that they were shipped with. If anyone would like to give me some constructive criticism i would really appreciate it/. Thank you and look forward for some feedback
Wow are they ever in good hands.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Hi and welcome ,the norm is wait till your tarantula gets to about 40mm before adding a water dish . I don t know what size a dime is compared to a UK coins , feeders no bigger then their abdomen size. That's my opinion but research is key, because we are all still learning .