• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Have male pink toe, would like to look into mating in the next year

Hey there! I’m new to the hobby but I bought a spiderling (Pink Toe) and it appears to be male from sexing its molts. He has molted twice since buying him in Feb of 2023, I’ve been feeding him plenty. I can send most recent molt to verify sex, but I was just hoping to find someone with a female Pink Toe with an easy-going temperament (he’s very skittish and hasn’t reached the “must-escape-to-find-mate” age yet, most recent molt was just in June of 2023, with first I observed in April, but ones before that would’ve been tiny because he was only 2 inches long when I bought him in February). I thought I’d post early to find someone to coordinate a possible mating with, especially with the guarantee that when I do send him off :)-(
I will get a spiderling at some point, even if this mating is unsuccessful/he is eaten. I will probably wait until he molts at least one more time, maybe 2 more, so I’d be looking to send him off by the beginning of 2024 probably. I’ll pay shipping to you of course, once I see your female and we reach an agreement. Since males live so much shorter I don’t see a purpose in keeping him isolated for the rest of his life, and he is a beautiful specimen.
I’ll email (many) photos upon request, thank you!

Some pics of this one (sorry, I need to clean the water spots off the inside of the tank)…
Hey there! I’m new to the hobby but I bought a spiderling (Pink Toe) and it appears to be male from sexing its molts. He has molted twice since buying him in Feb of 2023, I’ve been feeding him plenty. I can send most recent molt to verify sex, but I was just hoping to find someone with a female Pink Toe with an easy-going temperament (he’s very skittish and hasn’t reached the “must-escape-to-find-mate” age yet, most recent molt was just in June of 2023, with first I observed in April, but ones before that would’ve been tiny because he was only 2 inches long when I bought him in February). I thought I’d post early to find someone to coordinate a possible mating with, especially with the guarantee that when I do send him off :)-(
I will get a spiderling at some point, even if this mating is unsuccessful/he is eaten. I will probably wait until he molts at least one more time, maybe 2 more, so I’d be looking to send him off by the beginning of 2024 probably. I’ll pay shipping to you of course, once I see your female and we reach an agreement. Since males live so much shorter I don’t see a purpose in keeping him isolated for the rest of his life, and he is a beautiful specimen.
I’ll email (many) photos upon request, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6176.jpeg
    IMG_6176.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6172.jpeg
    IMG_6172.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6162.jpeg
    IMG_6162.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

ta122

I'd set up the arrangement differently. There are people who scam people in this hobby. If someone is going to potentially get your male and say he was eaten or was a DOA or whatever, at least make them pay for shipping to themselves, and you pay shipping back to you. That doesn't mean everyone is a scammer. It's just a way to minimize potential loss.

Latest posts