• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't cut mine, as it is an aquarium decoration (I was reluctant to reuse my cork bark after finding mites around the spider shelf, so binned all of the old decor and substrate. Turned out they were grain mites from the meal worms and luckily none affected the Ts, phew!).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Fuzzball79 I have loads of cork bark left from when I kept loads of snakes so I just sterilize that with boiling water and dry in the oven. I always avoided tubes though as snakes would wedge themselves in and could be very hard to get out.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really nice thread, lovely pictures. Fallen in love with your rosea such a pretty colour!!
She is, isn't she? She was my first T, although I didn't even want a GR, because nearly everyone on the different forums says they're boring or aggressive. She's neither. Doesn't hide unless in premolt and is very docile (although I don't handle her). She fasts for long periods though, but hey, we all have our flaws (mine's not fasting enough, lol).

kaz

3 Year Member
id love to get one like that. Was thinking of getting a sling but there's probably no way of telling if it would end up that colour since they come in such an array of different forms!! Also Like ur little orange tree spider!! I can't decide between one or a purple one!!!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
id love to get one like that. Was thinking of getting a sling but there's probably no way of telling if it would end up that colour since they come in such an array of different forms!! Also Like ur little orange tree spider!! I can't decide between one or a purple one!!!

If you can't decide then get both :)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
GBB showing me its war face (or pointing out that there is poop on the tub which requires cleaning pronto)
RA7BaSX.jpg

The Beast wanting attention
2ziPLD2.jpg

This one (G. Actaeon) is turning into a real display spider. Hides when disturbed but is out again after only a minute or two
71G8b6a.jpg

A. sp Amazonica doing its hovering act. It's made its home on that leaf (probably until it's too big and heavy for it)
BAk64u7.jpg

Last but by no means least, my beautiful A. Versicolor attacking her leaves when I refilled her water dish. One crazy lady!
AAz0BFI.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They're all looking great. I might have to think about a versi sometime soon :)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
RIP, Missus. I bought her amongst other Dubias as feeders last year. She was left over together with her "partner" "Mister" (who's still alive) and they've kinda grown on me, so I kept them (they also live with a Lobster Roach who smuggled himself in with a load of Turkistan Roaches). Found her dead today. I guess it broke her heart that Mister was rejecting her and keeps snuggling up with the Lobster Roach, the marriage wrecking sod, lol.
EFQW7Xq.jpg

... she ended up recycled. Why waste a good meal?
ZsIPj5B.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
GBB being beautiful. She's a flicky cow though, lol.
BTxzx60.jpg

Nearly there (obviously she made a dash when I got my better camera)
mbaiUn7.jpg

OOuDtUr.jpg

A. sp. Amazonica doing its daredevil thing again. Webbing like crazy at the moment, so I'm hoping for a molt soon
e8o93uk.jpg

No the best pic. He/she is such a cutie, always seems to be either eating or webbing and is not that scared anymore when I open its tub
U5E6pFo.jpg

A. Versicolor destroying her cricket. Jumped half way the height of the tank to grab it and then dropped herself onto her web. She's crazy, lol!
sPCUG3M.jpg

A. Geniculata grooming herself after devouring Missus, the Dubia roach
Xpc1EYr.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
T. Gigas in her new tank. This was just after she finally ventured outside her old hide (after 5 days)
a7nocx3.jpg

Still a bit unsure about this new home
kGZmE2t.jpg

She has since then made a den behind the cork bark and the plant and has already had her first meal

G. Actaeon. I don't regret buying another Grammy, this one's always on display and busy
vouj9p9.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
T. Gigas alert:
She's out and actually sat until I took these photos:
JYwvSgd.jpg

01R3EFs.jpg

Still can't believe this was her nearly a year ago
JrpyUKF.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's looking great.
She is. I just wish I'd see her more often. As a sling/juvie she'd be out and about all the time, but since her last molt, she's become really reclusive.
Oh well, part and parcel of owning a tarantula. I've been lucky with my other 8, even the little ones. You can wipe over their enclosures and they just sit there, lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She is. I just wish I'd see her more often. As a sling/juvie she'd be out and about all the time, but since her last molt, she's become really reclusive.
Oh well, part and parcel of owning a tarantula. I've been lucky with my other 8, even the little ones. You can wipe over their enclosures and they just sit there, lol.

Mine is out and about quite a lot but runs like mad at the slightest disturbance, tends to run in all directions but awful to try to photgraph

Latest posts