• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food items

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Hi all,

Is there a food that can be given to t's of all sizes? I have an adult Chilean rose, a juvi pink toe, a Mexican red knee sling and OBT sling. The Chilean doesn't eat much so the food i buy is wasted and the others eat loads but too small for hoppers. HELP!!

Thanks
Chris

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
doesn't take more than two minutes a day. I don't know what's available in England, but I think you guys use grasshoppers as a staple? shouldn't be any different.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
If you want to use up the larger sized prey, you can first kill it (e.g., if it's crickets or hoppers you crush the head) and then give it to the little Ts. Also, if you notice your Rose is not finishing up all the prey you buy you can try buying less at one time.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I cant buy less at a time. They come in a plastic tub, i dont pick how many or id do that

Have you asked the store if you can buy fewer at a time? The pet store I get my crickets from sells them in tubs of 36...great for my two slings that eat almost daily, but too much for my two bigger ones that eat far more sparingly. It turned out I could get as few crickets as I wanted in the large and small sizes if I went directly to an associate.

John Frost

3 Year Member
Wow, been a while since I've been on this forum. I usually go to petco as needed to get my crickets. I was cleaning today and accidentally threw out my crickets =/.

Is there any way to keep them quiet if I decided to raise them? I'd like to always have some on hand but I don't like the noise. I live in a dorm right now and will live with some friends soon so quite is good.

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Have you asked the store if you can buy fewer at a time? The pet store I get my crickets from sells them in tubs of 36...great for my two slings that eat almost daily, but too much for my two bigger ones that eat far more sparingly. It turned out I could get as few crickets as I wanted in the large and small sizes if I went directly to an associate.

I did ask and her exact response was "whats there is there"

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Wow, been a while since I've been on this forum. I usually go to petco as needed to get my crickets. I was cleaning today and accidentally threw out my crickets =/.

Is there any way to keep them quiet if I decided to raise them? I'd like to always have some on hand but I don't like the noise. I live in a dorm right now and will live with some friends soon so quite is good.

I think you can get silent crickets.. I think they are black crickets... I may be wrong though

Latest posts