• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does it cause a problem if the tarantula is small for its age?

Arda

Hello, I bought a L2 murinus 1.5 years ago, I don't remember exactly how many shells it shed during the time I looked at it, I got distracted during the house move and left the tarantula in the warehouse with the terrarium and aquariums for a long time. I noticed the tarantula a few months ago, when I found it, it was alive, but it wasn't very healthy, but now it has recovered, it is very healthy, everything is normal. But it is not bigger than L6. What can I do to make it grow faster from now on?.
Does it cause a problem if the tarantula is small for its age?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
More frequent feedings, higher temperatures. The problem with more frequent feedings is there is always the potential for longer premolts. Size does not cause problems. Tarantulas grow at their own rate.

x_raphael_xx

I have a G Pulchra and a N.Chromatus that were my first T's.
In the last 3 years the G Pulchra has barely changed, and the Chromatus has gone from a tiny dot to now bigger than the Pulchra.
They all grow at different rates. Even sac mates will grow differently.

Feedings definately help, but be careful to overfeed. That can cause issues during molting.
Feedings and warmer temps can encourage growth, some people use this to grow on males to maturity quicker. But this shortens lifespan.

Just keep it fed and watered and it will grow at its own pace.

Arda

I have a G Pulchra and a N.Chromatus that were my first T's.
In the last 3 years the G Pulchra has barely changed, and the Chromatus has gone from a tiny dot to now bigger than the Pulchra.
They all grow at different rates. Even sac mates will grow differently.

Feedings definately help, but be careful to overfeed. That can cause issues during molting.
Feedings and warmer temps can encourage growth, some people use this to grow on males to maturity quicker. But this shortens lifespan.

Just keep it fed and watered and it will grow at its own pace.
I left the t alone, I just feed it a little more often, but I don't force it, I put the food in, if it doesn't eat within 5 minutes, I take it away, but it doesn't refuse the food, recently I wanted to feed it with a guppy, it ate the guppy, the next day I fed it again with a mealworm and it doesn't refuse, it starts eating immediately. He ate 3 or more guppies and mealworms in a week, but he still hasn't molted. Also, according to what I looked at on icloud, the last time I saw it was at the beginning of November, it shed its shell, and I don't know if it shed after that.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We have around 10 Tliltocatl sabulosum slings that we acquired as payment for a mature male. They all came from the same egg sack & were all the same size. Now they all seem to be different sizes.

Latest posts