• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Didn’t manage to get a curlie, did get a Brazil black & white though!

Goshawk

So regarding the last thread in which I asked whether or not a B Albopilosum would be easy to maintain as a sling. You guys told me they are great and would suit my needs, I checked with my local exotic pet store if they had any and they had one left.

Of course me being the impatient person I am I rushed to the store and went straight to the tarantulas, of course they had the curlie in stock and there was one left. I went up to the person at the counter and asked to buy the Curlie, (Now the store I go to is great they know how to care for the t’s and make sure they are taken care of 24/7, The people who run the store are very well trained about every single species of reptile, arachnid and so on.) The guy go’s over with the key to open up the cabinet in which they are kept and heated in, he takes the curlie and go’s to check if it’s ok (they do this every time in case something has happened they can sort it out before the customers buy it), He checks it and sadly the t had passed on.

When I checked the website I had remembered they had a Brazilian black and white as well and from reading up on them they seemed to be good as well, So of course I ask to take the Brazil black and white instead. Of course the man takes the t and go’s and checks it, now luckily a few days before I got it the man said it moulted and is was doing great. The t was being sold for the same price as a sling but was practically about to turn into its juvenile stage and knowing Brazilian black and whites are quite rare and expensive I knew this was a steal.

So now I have a Brazilian black and white instead of a curlie but I’m quite happy with what I left with!
I’m still waiting for them to get a curlie in stock.

What an eventful day this has been!

(RIP to the curlie who had sadly passed on at the shop)

Goshawk

I'm assuming you are talking about A. geniculata? Equally easy species to raise. I didn't raise mine from a sling, but easy species to raise regardless, amazing eaters as well.
You were close but no its actually a nhandu coloratovillosus, not too many people actually know the name of this species and often get it confused with the Brazilian white knee tarantulas. But yes either way just as easy to keep and raise!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You were close but no its actually a nhandu coloratovillosus, not too many people actually know the name of this species and often get it confused with the Brazilian white knee tarantulas. But yes either way just as easy to keep and raise!

This is why most people stick to scientific names, it saves a lot of confusion.

Latest posts