• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Decorations

TwinkleToes19

I want to decorate my new T. Albo enclosure. I'd like to give her something flat to climb on and also maybe add some fake plants. What would you guys suggest?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have some plastic hanging plants that people use to decorate their homes with, this I cut up into shorter lengths. Some gets hot glued to bark tubes or pieces of standing bark for smaller enclosures. I also use a lot of plastic plants aimed at fish keepers & also have some bits aimed at flower arrangers. This all being a much cheaper option than plants aimed at reptile keepers.

For something to stand on, I generally use a piece of bark & maybe some moss too. Moss can be used dry or moist, depending upon species. For smaller T's, I even use individual leaves cut from my hanging, plastic, ivy. A small plastic leaf in a vial, gives a sling something to hide under & stand on.

I also use terracotta flower pots of various sizes that I cut in half & use as hides. My adult female Grammastola portreri has a whole terracotta garlic jar for her hide. A juvi Nahandu chromatus has a pod that Brazil nuts grew in. My daughters Brachypelma sp. tortuguero lives in a coffin shaped glass enclosure with a plastic dinosaur skull.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here a couple of enclosures I brought at an invert show last year.

3.jpg