• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

curly hair climbing enclosure

david11

3 Year Member
I changed my b albopolisum's substrate about a week ago and she recently started climbing her enclosure walls and being VERY active. There are no mites or any tiny insects in the new substrate whatsoever,and the substrate is not damp....however i'm a music producer and i recently got a new subwoofer which is alot stronger than the previous one,so could it be possible that she's being active of the bass irritating her or something? i never play music really loud,you can barely feel the table which i have 4 of my t's on shaking. The other 3 are acting normally,and the curly hair is also the farthest from the subwoofer.

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Could be the vibrations, but only if it's loud enough IMHO. Try not to play music and see if it calms down, and then play to see if it stress it.
But it could also be the heat: my Brachys are very active when temperatures are high as they are now (at least in my place).
Or maybe is it only getting accustomed to the new substrate and will settle down soon.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I find, if my son plays his music, some of my Ts react to it to the point that different Ts react to different styles of music.

david11

3 Year Member
Could be the vibrations, but only if it's loud enough IMHO. Try not to play music and see if it calms down, and then play to see if it stress it.
But it could also be the heat: my Brachys are very active when temperatures are high as they are now (at least in my place).
Or maybe is it only getting accustomed to the new substrate and will settle down soon.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
yes i think it was the heat actually,since i just drilled some more holes in the enclosure and now she's back to normal even though i still play music. It was pretty humid in there too

NatashaG

3 Year Member
My b.smithi has been exactly the same since I cleaned out his enclosure and added a new hide. He spends most of his time on the side of his viv and I rarely see him on the ground for very long. It's been a wee while since I did that, and he has been very active ever since. Unsure why, but as long as he seems in good health, i'm not too fussed.
I did have him on my desk with the computer when I first got him, but moved the tank, just in case my speakers did bother him or the vibrations or whatever, and moved him to a shelf on the other side of the room, and he seems pretty content with that. :T: