• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Careless mother?

david11

3 Year Member
so i posted a thread about putting a water dish in a heavy webber's enclosure and a few days ago the same T laid about 20 eggs,kinda rolled them up and went to her burrow. The sac doesn't even look like a sac,it just looks like torn up webbing covered in dirt,its not even round. Do tarantulas do this or is there something wrong with mine? as much as i know,tarantulas and most other animals are supposed to stand beside their eggs and not go away.

david11

3 Year Member
the thing on the left is the sac and theres her burrow on the right, h incei gold adult 80 to 95 humidity

Attachments

• IMG_20160510_192122.jpg
    IMG_20160510_192122.jpg
    978 KB · Views: 30

david11

3 Year Member
hmmm,i didn't breed her and the guy i bought it from didn't say anything so its probably a dud egg sac

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
H. incei are supposedly good mothers to the point that they even feed their young. Or am I thinking of a different T? :D

Latest posts