• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blue fang sling rehousing.

SMB

I bought a blue fang sling about a month ago, it came in an 8 Oz deli cup with coconut coir. Within a week it had built a little web nest on the side and was always inside. There was a huge amount of condensation on the sides and top, enough to make viewing very difficult.

So last week I transferred it to a 3" acrylic cube filled with half creature soil and half coir from the deli cup. It has a water dish and a tiny terra cotta pot, mostly buried, which it immediately crawled into. For most of the next week, I would see it's toes or feet sticking out from the opening, which I've read is common, and sometimes nearly completely out in the open (though it would dive back in at the slightest disturbance). But a couple days ago I found it crammed into one corner (pic) and it hardly responds (noise, vibration, puff of air, etc. Is this normal or should I be worried? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20230926_194937.jpg
    20230926_194937.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 18

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is possibly playing dead. My red fang was fairly chilled too.

Latest posts