• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

U.K. Birupes simoroxigorum wanted any size uk

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im going to have to do alot of research first
I would - as its an expensive mistake to make :) maybe consider another colourful tarantula that's more visable, easy to care for and readily available instead? Depending on if you prefer arboreal, terrestrial or fossorial?

Keymond69

I would - as its an expensive mistake to make :) maybe consider another colourful tarantula that's more visable, easy to care for and readily available instead? Depending on if you prefer arboreal, terrestrial or fossorial?
My most expensive one at the minute is the golden leg baboon 35 quid for a juvenile and its amazing. I deffo want a blondi goliath bird eating spider 9-10cm from spider shop , any advice on this species? 75 quid very good price, suspect female

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My most expensive one at the minute is the golden leg baboon 35 quid for a juvenile and its amazing. I deffo want a blondi goliath bird eating spider 9-10cm from spider shop , any advice on this species? 75 quid very good price, suspect female
I've seen the ones you mean on the spidershop website - they are not blondi's but stirmi? Price is good but it's your choice what tarantulas you like the look of and do you have the experience to care for it as best you can? Stirmis require a damp environment compared to some - In my opinion they are not the most beautiful of tarantulas and many people want them just as a flex to say 'I've got a bird eater' due to the size.. Personal choice though :) they also take up a fair bit of room once adult

Keymond69

I've seen the ones you mean on the spidershop website - they are not blondi's but stirmi? Price is good but it's your choice what tarantulas you like the look of and do you have the experience to care for it as best you can? Stirmis require a damp environment compared to some - In my opinion they are not the most beautiful of tarantulas and many people want them just as a flex to say 'I've got a bird eater' due to the size.. Personal choice though :) they also take up a fair bit of room once adult
Whats the difference between the two they look so alike , which one grows bigger ?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Whats the difference between the two they look so alike , which one grows bigger ?
They all grow to roughly the same size-- there's is difference in the look (hairs on the legs etc) blondi and apophsis are rarer and more expensive - also be aware that all 3 of them also have extremely irritating uricating hairs that can cause real problems in some people especially if they get in your eyes or throat :(
Have you considered tarantulas like the lasiodora parahybana? They get to a very impressive size, much much cheaper than a stirmi and very Hardy? :)

Keymond69

They all grow to roughly the same size-- there's is difference in the look (hairs on the legs etc) blondi and apophsis are rarer and more expensive - also be aware that all 3 of them also have extremely irritating uricating hairs that can cause real problems in some people especially if they get in your eyes or throat :(
Have you considered tarantulas like the lasiodora parahybana? They get to a very impressive size, much much cheaper than a stirmi and very Hardy? :)
To be honest I want them all, my very first taranchula was a obt and I bread her 5 years ago very sussesful 150 plus I love the danger.

Latest posts