• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia avicularia

mandylydena

I put an enclosure together for my Avic, but was told elsewhere to remove the big green hide as it was taking up too much room. Hopefully this will be a happy place for my T. Currently we’re all webbed up in the corner.

Attachments

• BD508F45-79F5-4FA6-8C03-45E6E2E1DC3F.jpeg
    BD508F45-79F5-4FA6-8C03-45E6E2E1DC3F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 14D60474-16FC-4061-9D66-38F9709D0D81.jpeg
    14D60474-16FC-4061-9D66-38F9709D0D81.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • 14FB9C7B-B810-4102-98E4-0DC0951023B0.jpeg
    14FB9C7B-B810-4102-98E4-0DC0951023B0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

SullivanC

They are gorgeous spiders. Current they are webbed up in the corner enjoying life. My Eupalaestrus campestratus is the smallest and a genuine sweetheart. My newest, Brachypelma emilia is the biggest and always in the burrow. He’s the only one to threat pose.
Yeah emilia seems to have some attitude :) I know not all have attitude but the one I have whenever I try feeding she would grab the tongs with her whole body I am trying to feed her with so she has perfect appetite so she isnt a tarantula to handle :) do you hold spiders or no?

mandylydena

Yeah emilia seems to have some attitude :) I know not all have attitude but the one I have whenever I try feeding she would grab the tongs with her whole body I am trying to feed her with so she has perfect appetite so she isnt a tarantula to handle :) do you hold spiders or no?
Yeah he’s a great eater too so far. Food goes in the burrow and I see a flurry of cute legs then nothing, lol. I’m not interested in holding him or my Avic to be honest. The Avic is spunky too. I don’t go out of my way to handle anyone, but today I was rehousing my E. campestratus and they came out on my hand voluntarily. They just sat there looking adorable. I had a hard time convincing them to leave my hand and check out the enclosure.

SullivanC

Yeah he’s a great eater too so far. Food goes in the burrow and I see a flurry of cute legs then nothing, lol. I’m not interested in holding him or my Avic to be honest. The Avic is spunky too. I don’t go out of my way to handle anyone, but today I was rehousing my E. campestratus and they came out on my hand voluntarily. They just sat there looking adorable. I had a hard time convincing them to leave my hand and check out the enclosure.
Yeah spiders dont really enjoy handling so I also dont handle them but if they come on my hand on their own while rehousing then I wouldnt say no to it :) but since handling stress them I try not to handle them at all because after you handle them since they are stressed they wont accept food for some time so I want to make sure they always accept food so I never handle :) e.campestratus are really good too

mandylydena

Yeah spiders dont really enjoy handling so I also dont handle them but if they come on my hand on their own while rehousing then I wouldnt say no to it :) but since handling stress them I try not to handle them at all because after you handle them since they are stressed they wont accept food for some time so I want to make sure they always accept food so I never handle :) e.campestratus are really good too
I’m pretty sure the E. campestratus would tolerate almost anything. I’ve rehoused them a few times and they eat right away. They are probably my best eater unless getting ready to molt. ☺️