• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are tarantulas bothered by music?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I keep my T in my bedroom and I like to listen to classical-style music, as well as some celtic. I always keep the volume moderate, never blasting. How does music affect Ts and exactly how well can they hear?

lanny

3 Year Member
Maybe it would like country or Led Zepplin maybe Pink Floyd better. Just kidding. The thing it would be able to feel would be vibrations + the spreaker would have to be on the same table or stand next to the spider But it probably would affect it as they are very sensitive to vibrations.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Okay, this is good to know. No, the player isn't on the same table as my T. Thanks to everyone for the help! :)

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I'm sure they can feel even the low volume levels. The only reason we can hear is due to pressure waves put out in the air by the speaker and our body's ability to collect and interpret them. Arachnids in general are very sensitive to air pressure changes, more so then us. With that being said, general, soft "noise" shouldn't bother or stress them out. Loud noises and a sudden changes in pressures would be the most stressful I would think. In any case, you should be fine.

DeejaySwifty

3 Year Member
I have used a variety of mixing equipment whilst keeping T's. Some have been in close proximity. I have mixed everything from UK Hardcore, Spanish Makina, Electro House etc. I've often wondered if the music causes stress to the T's especially knowing that vibration is their key sense in terms of analysing their environment. None of my T's have ever shown obvious sign of distress or dislike and have lived long and typical lives. This is just my personal experience though. Hope this helps.

Latest posts