• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

are eye problems possible?

torstrum

3 Year Member
hey guys, I was just looking at my B emilia and I was wondering if there are any known eye problems with Ts, it almost looks like ruffled hairs are in front of/above/around(all of the above are slightly accurate) the eye or something.
Im thinking maybe his dry coco peat(ecoearth) bedding is getting in there(or worse, a response to MITEs or another parasite in/on the eye). she climbs the tank a lot and falls almost daily( D: ) , landing always on her stomach appearing fine. Often climbing right back up the tank(tank climbing increases after feeding then tapers off in the day/couple of days)there'v 6 inches between her and the top and I'm going to add another brick or 2 to fix that when they arrive(in the mail at the moment). she appears an active beautiful and healthy T when shes not giving me a heart attack though

Last edited:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like she might have mites or something similar? Can you post some photos?